GSHC and KHL?

Discussions générales autour du club
Captain Iglo

Re: GSHC and KHL?

Message par Captain Iglo » mar. 2 juin 2015 10:47

Thank you for the research.

Without clues from different sources, it's difficult to tell what is political and what is real about the teams that would join the KHL. Even in the theoretical hypothesis that no team whatsoever were interested in joining, you hardly imagine a KHL official saying publicly so, especially to a Russian media. And it's probably more politically correct to declare that prestigious Swedish teams are interested in joining, even if it weren't true, rather than some obscure team from God knows were..

I'm not saying that everything they say is wrong, obviously. But I don't take it at face value for now.

Oh and by the way, isn't it a bit contradictory to say that they aren't pursuing non-hockey markets anymore and then announce a team in Shanghai? Not the fiercest hockey hotbed, as far as I know.

GSHCinSVK1

Message par GSHCinSVK1 » mer. 3 juin 2015 14:47

Thank you for interesting reply.

Chernyshenko was asked if KHL clubs join CHL. He reply
They (CHL leadership) are interesting people. They come here, negotiate intelligently and at the same time say: Allow CSKA, SKA, Ak Bars to play our league. I ask them: Why? They respond: they will be satisfied to play our league (CHL). Then I ask again, to explain me, how it would be advantageous for us (KHL)? If CHL is able to explain us how the joint cooperation would be advantageous for us, then we are ready to discuss some exibition games but not allowing our elite clubs to join CHL. To be honest, level of CHL clubs is below level of KHL top clubs. What would be a reason to play againt weaker opponents when you (KHL club) can play superior hockey in KHL?

I would recommend CHL clubs to join KHL if the clubs fulfil our regulations. Our league is open. We have already negotiated with european and asian clubs. It is too early to be concrete, but foreign clubs will join our family in near future and will increase the level of our league, said Dmitry Chernyshenko, KHL President.
He was not asked about KHL expansion. So why did he say it (I would recommend CHL clubs to join KHL .....)? Yes, it might be political statement for russian fans, but what if not? There is a big difference among Medvedev and Chernyshenko. Medvedev talked about plans, visions which was not backed by reality many times. Chernyshenko talks less, but only about things which are preparing by league. I agree with you that we can not take his words at face value, but I am almost sure there are negotiations behind scenes.

Hypothetically speaking, what would be reaction of NLA fan base if 2 or more NLA clubs joined KHL? I understand why fans/clubs dont want to join KHL - they would lose local rivals. But what if more clubs joining?

China is special case....

GSHCinSVK1

Message par GSHCinSVK1 » ven. 3 juil. 2015 12:00

Zurich as possible host city of the 2016 KHL All-Star game?
http://swisshockeynews.ch/index.php/rum ... -star-game

Doug

Message par Doug » ven. 3 juil. 2015 12:10

GSHCinSVK1 a écrit :Zurich as possible host city of the 2016 KHL All-Star game?
http://swisshockeynews.ch/index.php/rum ... -star-game
That's weird. Nobody would pay for that in Zurich.. It would be a huge failure for the KHL.

Répondre