Section en anglais ? English section?

Discussions générales autour du club
Wurzag

Section en anglais ? English section?

Message par Wurzag » dim. 11 janv. 2015 01:24

Je savais pas trop ou mettre ce post. Mais régulièrement on peut voir des messages de swissgripen et Doug entres autres en anglais sur ce forum. Autant certain ici doivent s'en mordre les doigts mais je pense que la réalité est qu'on vis déjà avec cette 2eme langue à Genève tous les jours. Du coup pourquoi pas laisser un thread quelques part sur le forum réservé à l'Anglais ?

Juste une idée comme ça...
Dernière édition par Wurzag le lun. 12 janv. 2015 09:29, édité 2 fois.

swissgripen

Re: Section en anglais ?

Message par swissgripen » dim. 11 janv. 2015 23:26

I'm sorry that you feel English speaking supporters of GSHC are a nuance...

Thats really a "great" post on the official forum for the club, especially when 50% of the clubs sponsors are american/international businesses... Let's hope none of our sponsors see this and think it's the view of the majority of fans. End of the day, the club survives on FANS paying to see them play... If the fan speaks english, french, Swiss Ger... ok maybe not Swiss German, it doesn't make them any less of a fan. My heart bleeds "Grenat" and till my dying days I will remain a fan of GSHC.

jahniclem

Message par jahniclem » lun. 12 janv. 2015 01:31

I'm not sure you have to take the proposition this way : maybe the idea is to find immediately english topics and subjects, and encourage to write more in this language ? It can be good for english fans/sponsors to participate ?

Wurzag

Message par Wurzag » lun. 12 janv. 2015 02:01

@swissgripen I think you miss-understood me. I'm proposing a special topic or thread for all the English speakers supporting OUR team. I was just saying that I'm sure some people are going to disagree to it, but it's definitely not my case ;)

I just realised... I forgot to put a "pas" in my last sentence... it's like saying "why" instead of "why not", sorry about the confusion, my bad.

@jahniclem Yes you got the idea. We can read more and more comments in English inside some other topics in french. And a lot of time they don't get any answer because it's like having two discussions at the same times. Personnaly I'd love to participate in an English section as well as the French one but not inside the same topic.
Dernière édition par Wurzag le lun. 12 janv. 2015 09:28, édité 1 fois.

blabla

Message par blabla » lun. 12 janv. 2015 03:18

Maybe due to outside circumstances (or your absence of "pas") Swissgripen took your post the wrong way. Sometimes it happens when not at the good moment, you will interpret something positive in a negative way.

I am not sure when I saw your initial post the first time, but I absolutely did not imagine any discrimination against English speakers, I rather saw it as a way to promote and "international" forum where non French speaking would also feel welcome (yes some people are embarrassed not to speak the local language and for this reason will be shy to post on a forum where they don't master fully the language).

So for me as I said above, the good point is to have the possibility to attract another part of the GSHC fans.

The bad point is that I am afraid that it will create parallel discussions and both side might not benefits from the input of the other side...

At the moment, I feel there is no problems in the mixing of languages within the same threads, but still it is an idea worth to explore...

Cheers and good luck to our team to improve a bit their game and play to reach the play offs with full force!

FalconFangs

Message par FalconFangs » lun. 12 janv. 2015 10:17

blabla a écrit :The bad point is that I am afraid that it will create parallel discussions and both side might not benefits from the input of the other side...
At the moment, I feel there is no problems in the mixing of languages within the same threads
I agree. Making a parallel forum with one being french-only and one english-only is imo a bad idea. I'd rather let it be as it is already: english and french posts on the same thread; surely some people will not get it all, but at least no one would feel excluded.

Note that Fribourg's forum is almost fully bilingual: they still have one forum, with both languages within the same threads, and it works perfectly fine.

Répondre